Happy New Year 2014!
I am so thrilled to be saying goodbye to 2013. Seriously, this was not an easy year for me. However, it was a useful year with many endings that leads me into this new year with many open doors and possibilities.
- My private Pilates teaching schedule in Tribeca doubled over the year, to the point where now I have waiting list for recurring appointments. -A great thing!
- This website was upgraded by Google to a page rank of 3. -Another great thing!
- Our 11 year old dog Smiley was finally diagnosed with Cushing’s syndrome (adrenal glands produce too much cortisol), and now that she has been on Vetoryl for a year she is much healthier! -A great thing.
- My dear mother, Millie Lippin, who had been institutionalized with severe dementia for over 15 years, passed away at 82 years in hospice care on September 9. -Sad.
- My father, Joseph Lippin’s, health steadily declined throughout 2013, leading to his death at age 87 in hospice care on October 15. -Very sad.
- I crushed my left big toe in July, leading to 4 months in CAM walker surgical boot and 3 months of twice daily bone stimulator treatment. -Oy!
- Hubby and I finished second Episode of Zombie Killing Stoners. Just waiting for cover! -Extra good!
- We renewed our lease in our fabulous apartment in New York by Gehry with no rent increase and waived amenities fees! -Super coolio!
Looking forward to 2014. This year we plan to research where to move next. I would prefer to live somewhere warm again for a bit, and somewhere with great single payer health care.
And I am starting this year with a bang – I have joined BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo for January as well as the Ultimate Blog Challenge for January. The NaBloPoMo theme is Pressure, which is perfect for me, as I do work well under pressure. So look for daily (gulp) posts from me this month – starting today!
What are you looking forward to in 2014?